Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Thursday, July 11, 2002  
Busy Busy!

Got the request for sick leave to central office today. It was good to see them and find out some facts I need to know about this. What it involves is writing a letter and providing a doctor's note. This will work out better for all of us really. This way I'm on leave and won't have to plan lessons and worry about my classes. Ralph can hire a certified teacher who can teach the way s/he wants to. I won't be around crowds of teenagers who touch my stuff! (had to mention that since students made fun of me for complaining about that all the time) I'm not getting much done on the house and am sure I'll do a lot of sorting later on. I guess I just need to make it presentable now.

I went to the dentist in Green Hills and the hygienist cleaned my teeth and gave (sold) me some mouthwash to use twice a day for a while and then once a day. She said chemo is hard on teeth and mouths. I went to get things done before that starts since it's such an ordeal during and after chemo. Infection is a big side effect. The dentist came in and looked at my teeth and the x-rays and said I needed another crown. This will involve three more trips there to get this done.

My friend Jackie's sister died, so she, her husband Ed, and daughter Chloe are in town until Sunday when they fly back to Pittsburgh. I'm going to the funeral tomorrow and will spend some time with them while they are here. Her sister has been through so many health problems and died from a heart attack.

Other things are going on too which are filling my schedule. I'm doing what I want to while I feel like it. :-) I decided to quit stressing out over the house. It's not like I'm going to be an invalid. I can sort through boxes, drawers, closets, etc when I need to stay home and get someone to help take them away and move furniture since I needed help with that anyway. I've been tired for a long time. They found what was possibly a goiter on my thyroid which I asked Dr. Spigel about. I wondered if anything needs to be done about it now and if that could have been making me feel tired. He said not to get it checked now and that it could have contributed to my being tired but that the lymphoma made me feel that way, too.

The Prednisone really did reduce the swelling in my neck since it's getting swollen again and is painful. This makes me know the tumors are growing faster now. This treatment is going to work.

12:40:00 AM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com