Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Thursday, November 07, 2002  
Major Rambling

Just as I predicted and hoped, I slept really well last night. It's a relief to do that again and have no fever and wake up drenched any more, too. I'm thankful for things I used to take for granted. Considering my comments yesterday, I suppose I should have written "being a senior citizen" instead of middle age, since it's doubtful that I'll live to be over 100. I'm not sure I'd want to anyway unless I felt good. I don't want to be a burden to anyone but would like to do what my grandmother did and die while taking a nap on the couch. Good grief! How did I get off on this? It's a pretty fall day after a great night's sleep and the enthusiasm to get some things done. This is the first day this week I have no appointment, so I can stay home and enjoy making some progress defeating dust and cat hair another day. Tomorrow I have another MLD treatment. I went for seven straight days and then 3 days last week and this weeek. I can't believe the progress and am delighted with the range of motion I now have, the change in color, and the reduction of swelling. Even the fibrotic tissue is much softer and some has gone completely. The wound is healing better now too since circulation has improved in that entire area. Please tell anyone you know who has had surgery, cancer, or an accident that resulted in swelling to check into this. In fact, before surgery it's a good idea to get an MLD treatment to help prevent it. Once you have lymphedema it's not curable, just treatable. Some people need regular maintenance, but Debbie said mine probably wouldn't. I plan to return to regular massages by Debbie and/or her daughter Lana which will make sure it's checked in case I need it. Lana is attending the classes to learn MLD and both were working on me one day. I said I was having a massage a trois. (so clever with words ... haha) I wish I could afford to get a massage every week but will do the best I can. Once or twice a month is probably what will happen unless I get work to equal what I made before plus my part-time jobs. I'll probably retire from teaching at the end of this school year if I can find something to equal or surpass my retirement since it's around half of my already inadequate teacher's salary. I need to start job hunting.

10:28:00 AM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com