Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Saturday, January 31, 2004  
Trivia Quiz

More trivial fun and games with the new quiz from the pop culture edition! I actually know most of these this time. (yes, even before I looked at the answers! well, ok, 7 of them, not most) Even if someone answers questions you know, go on and answer. Sometimes we try not to look and answer anyway. Just so you have fun!

1. MOVIE - What movie featured the tagline: "It's the story of a man, a woman, and a rabbit in a triangle of trouble"? (one for you to capitalize on, Scaryduck)
2. MOVIE - What 1991 drama garnered two Oscar nominations for first-time writer/director John Singleton? (what's he been doing lately?)
3. TV - On The Cosby Show what was Rudy's friend Kenny's nickname?
4. MUSIC - What Saturday Night Live mainstay once played guitar for Hall and Oates? (I think he was married to Gilda Radner for a while, too, or did I make that up?)
5. MUSIC - According to a 1990 single, what name should you not use when referring to Whitney Houston? (oh, the possibilities!!!)
6. S&G - What eccentric Philadelphia 76er claimed he was an alien from the planet Lowetron? (say, what?)
7. S&G - What sport is the backdrop to many of Dick Francis's best-selling mystery novels? (a literary sports question just for you, Michael)
8. BUZZ - What actress has TV producer David E. Kelley been married to for over ten years?
9. FAD - What two items did Mean Joe Greene and a child exchange in an 1979 ad?
10. FAD - Name the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. (I learned this when I taught the little gifteds)
11. BUZZ - Magic men Siegfried and Roy founded a protected habitat for what endangered animal? (I know everyone knows this now after the accident but I couldn't resist seeing what alternative answers you might have - it's ok to be tacky if we are funny, right?)

12:39:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com