Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Monday, September 27, 2004  
Catching Up

It was definitely the right time to go to Florida when we went to the conference. We managed to be there between hurricanes. Those people in Florida have been through too much of this! It's horrible. Enough already!

We had such a good time at the conference. We went early, so we could do some things we wanted to at Disney and paid for our room that night. The NCLB money paid for our rooms, the conference, meals, and flight. The way I feel about the No Child Left Behind program made me really glad to have them pay for us to attend this conference. We learned a lot from it and plan to see about changing the name of Credit Recovery to Course Recovery the way Memphis does. People think it's a financial counseling program.

So anyway, we went to Epcot which is like a World's Fair. We went to Mexico and rode through the history of the country on boats. They had a restaurant and shops there as well as a band and singer. Festive and fun. Norway had a male fragrance designer with an amazing body who was probably gay (not that there's anything wrong with it). Those Norwegians scare people. The Viking boats went through a dark passage with frightening voices, trolls jumping out, almost going down a waterfall backwards, and then actually going down one forward very fast. It was exciting.

We also went to China where they had a surround-screen film about the Great Wall, cities, and the countryside. There were also shops and a restaurant there, too. We also went to Japan, France, Italy, Germany, and most of the countries except for Canada and the UK. We ran out of time, so we need to go back. We opted not to go through the US.

We ate dinner at the Restaurant Marrakesh at the Morroccan section. I had chicken, vegetables, and couscous. Very good.

The conference hosted us at Animal Kingdom where we had a wonderful meal. It was outdoors under thatched roofs with tables in various places with the best turkey I've ever tasted (some kind of seasonings and roasted - wonderful!), lamb, butterfly pasta, couscous flavored so well, mixed vegetables, desserts, and drinks. Then we saw their production of The Lion King.

This conference was right up there with the Academy for Teachers of the Gifted and the Governor's Academy for Teachers of Writing. Those were outstanding, and so was this one.

Brendan at the Mall

I took care of Brendan at Bellevue Mall Saturday afternoon while Brian and Melissa cleared out their bedroom in preparation for painting it. We spent most of our time at the play area for kids under 5 years old. Brendan had a ball and just loved being there. He's so exuberant! I took three pictures. Since he was in constant motion, I couldn't manage more. He really is like John Belushi! We had fun and enjoyed the afternoon.

9:52:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com