Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Friday, December 03, 2004  
Quiz

from the Pop Culture Edition of Trivial Pursuit ...

1. MOVIE - What is the name of the hotel in The Shining?
2. TV - Who sang the Moonlighting theme song?
3. MUSIC - On which night of the week did Sheryl Crow's Music Club meet?
4. SPORTS & GAMES - What team did Boston College's Doug Flutie beat with his "Hail Mary" pass in the 1984 Orange Bowl?
5. BUZZ - What outdoor activity was a passion for publisher Malcolm Forbes?
6. FAD - What coin was unveiled in 1979 and promptly rejected by the American public?

from the "Know-It-All" Edition ...

7. PEOPLE & PLACES - What was the popular name of Anna Mary Robertson Moses of Eagle Bridge, NY?
8. ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT - What actor played the dinner guest in the movie Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?
9. HISTORY - What city undersiege in 1992 was also the scene of the assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand that set off World War I?
10. SCIENCE & NATURE - What powerful bird is being raised on farms for its eggs and feathers?
11. SPORTS & LEISURE - Who is "The Intimidator," the seven-time Winston Cup champion pictured on gold foil collector's cards honoring NASCAR's 50th anniversary?
12. WILD CARD - What three shows had the largest viewing audience for their TV finales prior to the last episode of Seinfeld?

I knew 6 2/3 of these - numbers 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 2 out of 3 on 10. I thought that might be the answer to #11 since I'd heard of him. Does having read Faulkner and not knowing NASCAR drivers make me a Southern elitist or just an English major/teacher? We're a category all our own.

5:32:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com