Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Thursday, June 30, 2005  
Slow Day at the Job

It was a very slow day at my part-time job today, which was a mixed blessing for me. The bad part is that it was more restrictive than teaching since I had to stay there in a big room the whole time because no one else was there. I made my lunch and took it there. I was alone most of the day except for a couple of people who came by to visit with me and for a few customers. One of them asked me about things that I knew a little bit about and some I have no clue on. So I answered what I could and looked up the other and discussed it with her. She did buy something. Another customer I had to ask to come back next week when Jim would be there since what she needed to know was way out of my area. She said I was helpful and nice. They obviously expect me to know things, so I have to explain how it is. I don't want to mess anyone up or waste their money. I also want Jim to make money. I gave some free samples to one of them, so maybe she'll come back.

One of my visitors is going to help me clean my house when it gets to that point. I have to declutter first. Betty used to be my assistant part of the time I was teaching in the gifted program. She's great! She also used to clean houses professionally. I didn't want to ask her because I was afraid her health wasn't OK now and that she'd say yes anyway. However, she offered to do it without pay. I told her I wanted to pay her because it would be worth it and would be a big job. We haggled a while and she insisted that she wanted us to work on it as friends. What could I say to that? Her son does handyman work for me and is excellent. He has the work ethic of both his parents and is a neat guy. I'm beginning to think I have trouble accepting help. Tina told me to get over it.

Vicki and her son Jake stopped by to visit, too. He's trying to find a part-time job which is hard to do without its taking too much time. Brian made money with the magazine drive which involved a lot of work for us both but was worth it. His father and I didn't want him to work during school but to be involved in extra-curricular activities and do his homework. I'm glad he felt the same way I did about it since I wasn't sure how he'd be with it. Child support and all, you know.

Well, I have two more days and then it's on to the house! Excelsior!

6:16:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com