Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Sunday, November 06, 2005  
Quiz

Answers are posted in the Squawkbox comment place.

from the Pop Culture Edition of Trivial Pursuit ...

1. MOVIE - Who played the title role in What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
2. TV - What did NBC start dubbing its Thursday night lineup in 1993? [that's when Thursday night had good shows]
3. MUSIC - What four female names are featured in song titles on The White Album? [don your thinking caps, Beatles fans!]
4. SPORTS & GAMES - What pro golfer was the college roommate of Michael Jordan at the University of North Carolina?
5. BUZZ - What Canadian town was the childhood home of Late Show bandleader Paul Schaffer?
6. FAD - What sense does Matt Murdock (aka Daredevil) lack? [who?]

from the "Know-It-All" Edition ...

7. PEOPLE & PLACES - What daughter of a famous TV couple had a show in her own name in 1995 that lasted less than two months?
8. ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT - What is the name of the co-host whose banter adds beauty to Howard Stern's bombastic babble?
9. History - What conflict ended with the ceding of Hong Kong to the British?
10. SCIENCE & NATURE - What is the study of character based on the shape of the head?
11. SPORTS & LEISURE - What did fifteen year-old Tara Lipenski do, just six months after winning a gold medal for Olympic figure-skating?
12. WILD CARD - What is the name for the French accent mark written from the upper left to the lower right?

5:50:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com