Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Wednesday, May 16, 2007  
New TV Shows and Season Finales

The new shows are being announced with some new ones being shown. I watched the pilot of Traveler and want to see more. It's about three friends who roomed together during grad school at Yale. Will Traveler is a chemical engineer who has apparently master-minded the bombing of an art museum (??) in NYC. The other two are Jay, an attorney with plans to work for a big law firm, and Tyler, a venture capitalist who is going to work for his super-wealthy father with a questionable background. Will is missing, and these two are being chased as terrorists. Might have potential since the characters are likeable, the plot is different, and there's an ongoing mystery with compicated possibilities. The pilot will be shown again May 30 before the new episode if you want to see what you think about it.

Not sure where or why the premise for Ex-Wives Club came from or who thought it was a good idea; however, since it's inane with an odd assortment of celebrities, it will probably be popular. After all, The Bachelor, Deal or No Deal, Wife Swap/Trading Spouses, and all those other shows I can't believe are still on TV are alive and well. Thank goodness some are returning I'd miss.

The season finale of Shark was brilliant. I was surprised at the end and enjoyed thinking back to how it evolved. The writing is good on there, and James Woods is such a good actor.

According to David Boreanz there will be many therapy sessions on Bones next season, which is good news to me since Stephen Fry played the therapist and surely he'll be back in that role. He was great in it. I'd been hoping he'd have a guest role on House since it would be entertaining to see him and Hugh Laurie together again, but this gives him more exposure on screen. I'd like for both to happen.

Marc Cherry said on The View that there would be a death on Desperate Housewives. I wonder who it could be. Carlos definitely doesn't need to be with Edie, so I hope that doesn't happen. The previews show his finding her birth control pills, so that should end things for them. Lynette has lymphoma, and I know what that's like. It will be interesting to see how they write about it.

Lost is losing me. Too many loose ends without answers. I still watch it but don't care as much now even though it does manage to pull me into the plots and subplots. Izzie on Grey's Anatomy has gotten on my last nerve. This complication with George is getting old, especially when she wasn't over Denny. Also McDreamy and Meredith - puhleeze! The only character who still interests me is Christina but not all the time. I could not watch these last three I mentioned without being too bothered. Brothers & Sisters comes and goes with being good. I really like Sally Field and Rachel Griffiths and the youngest brother the most. That family is claustrophobic though.

Maybe American Idol will be gone soon. I don't watch it, but there's no way to avoid knowing more about it than I am interested in. I have watched some of it since the end would be on while I was waiting for House to come on right after it.

Any shows you care to comment on? Faves and dislikes?

1:19:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com