Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Thursday, January 15, 2004  
Those Marriage People

I'm not sure who they are, but I heard on NPR this morning about some marriage coalition group advocating marriage because it will domesticate men, protect women from predatory males, and assure children of having two parents. It flies all over me to portray men as animals who can't control their actions because they are at the mercy of their overpowering libidos. Give me a break! By the way, where are these men when you need them? (well, I had to make a joke in here somewhere)

Then there's this article.

They also mentioned Dubya's plan to spend lots of money to encourage people to get married. This is supposed to help the euphemistically labeled "low-income" people. How about more jobs? How about more than 1,000 jobs for the 30,000 unemployed? How about spending our money more responsibly instead of going off on tangents like suggesting that marriage will solve economic problems. Divorce is good for the economy, I've heard. And remember that poster - "War is good for the economy. Invest your son." So he's spending money on the space program, to advertise marriage, this war, and so many other things that it is easy to see how he bankrupted every company he mismanaged and now the country! Yet, so many people like him and will vote for him. I just don't understand it.

11:43:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com