Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Wednesday, October 20, 2004  
Countdown

I talked to Janie (principal of the school where I teach) and told her that I plan to retire at the end of this year. She acted disappointed which made me feel good. It's better to be missed than for them to wonder why I was still there. Then I told her I was just tired all the time but that I liked it at Creek Wood and enjoy working for her. I also said it was a really good place to end my teaching career and that I'd have good memories of it. This is true. It's a new building, the faculty has some neat people, and my schedule and students are good. It's like I told her, I'm so tired all the time and need to take care of myself. I'll enjoy spending more time with my children, grandchildren, family, and friends.

My plans are to become a shepherd with my border collie I'll name Mr. Coach Hatley (and call MC). It will be a cover for my money laundering business. Then when I'm arrested, I'll be in federal prison where all my expenses are covered which will help out my children, so they won't have to take care of me or put me in a nursing home. When I get out, my laundered money will be stashed in an off-shore account and will take care of expenses from then on or be left to my children. See? It's all worked out.

9:20:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com