Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Sunday, October 10, 2004  
The Week That Was

During the first week of fall break I went to Nashville every day but Thursday. And here it is!

Sunday: Mother, Brian, Melissa, Brendan, and I went to Ellendale's for brunch for Brian's and my birthdays. Good food, great company, and lots of fun. Brendan is a nutty, exuberant child much like John Belushi! He talks and can say anything!

Monday: My appointment with Dr. Spigel went fine. It was a regular check-up, and I go for scans in December or January. I get nervous going to see him even when it's routine - operant conditioning, I guess. I've been taking Lexapro for my post-traumatic stress disorder and need to see a counselor for it. I've been asking people about their therapists and haven't really checked into it enough. Maybe I will next week. Anyone know someone good you've been to in our general area? The Lexapro helps with the PTSD but gives me a narrow range of emotions and makes me sleepy and tired. I am already tired enough on my own.

I also went to see my dental hygienist in Green Hills. The dentist looked at my teeth and decided this tooth he's been watching for years was ready for a crown. Not fun and expensive! Such a combination!

Tuesday: Back to Green Hills to the dentist for the temporary crown. I went to Wild Oats to get a few things and have lunch and then came home. I took a nap when I got back. After I got up, I checked email and wandered around. I guess it was around 6 pm. A policeman rang the doorbell to ask if I'd seen anyone at the house across the street throwing rocks at the back windows. I told him I almost never look toward their house since I'm usually in the back with the computer and TV. He mentioned something about seeing me moving around in the house as if to accuse me of taking too long to answer the door. I felt offended and wanted to point out that I wasn't under investigation but instead told him I'd been taking a nap and needed to put on more clothes. Sheesh!!

Wednesday: Molly and I went to Hillsboro Village since Rachel had a doctor's appointment nearby and shopped while she was there. I bought a new cloth purse at Pangea which is much lighter than my previous one. My shoulders, neck, and arms are suffering from that one since it starts out heavy - it's leather. I like it but put too much stuff in it. We met Rachel's brother Kirk for lunch at Jackson's. The sandwich I had was good. Then Rachel and I went to discuss options with the state retirement people. More on this later. She got better paperwork than I did ... and a folder. Hmph!

Thursday: Melissa and Brendan came down. Melissa got her hair cut at Terry's. It looks great! Still long but layered and stylish! Really pretty! I didn't take a picture of her but I will. We ate lunch at House Blend and then came here where Brendan enjoyed playing on the patio and with the cats. Columbo likes company and loves the attention but not Brigit.

Friday: I drove up to stay with Brendan while Brian and Melissa went to a dinner meeting. They're on the organizational committee for a science fiction convention to be held in Nashville - Xanadu, I think. I had a massage at 4:00, so Brian got some food for Brendan and me. We had fun.

Saturday: This brings me to today. I slept late yesterday and today. Linda and I met for dinner at Demos's and then went to the arena to see Michael Moore's Slackers Uprising Tour. The proceeds went to the Music Row Democrats who have a spot they are going to run on the radio. It's a song titled "Takin' My Country Back" and is by the Honky Tonkers for Truth. Here's the link to it if you want to hear it. Let's get it on the radio!

So this has been a busy week with quite a few things I enjoyed doing. I'm going to rest tomorrow, watch some movies, and get some laundry and other things done. I am going to vote Wednesday since that's the first early-voting day. Sheena and I are going to vote and have lunch.

I'm sure this summary of what I did this week was just fascinating to you. Sometimes it's good not to have excitement and drama in our lives even though it doesn't make very interesting blog material.

1:47:00 AM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com