Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Wednesday, September 21, 2005  
Tuesday Reviews

Last night I watched Bones, House, Law & Order SVU, Dancing with the Stars, and Rock Star INXS. Things will change next week when Boston Legal begins and when I check out Commander-in-Chief. My Name is Earl sounds funny, so I'll have to watch that next week, too. I like Jason Lee, especially in the Kevin Smith movies.

I got caught up in Dancing with the Stars this summer and enjoyed watching John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgensen together. She was so graceful, elegant, and beautiful, and he was so J. Peterman. What was really a pleasure last night was to watch the professionals who danced together. They're amazing! I'd like to go to a ballroom dance competition sometime. It's been fun to learn a little bit about it.

I like the characters in Bones and will keep watching it. She (forensic anthropologist) is all science and an emotional bull in a china shop, and the FBI agent has social skills and intuition. I don't know their names yet but do like the writing and characters in the show. Of course there is sexual tension between the two main characters and the same kind of respect, intimidation, and competition in her staff seen in Dr. House's assistants. I heard Dr. Bill Bass speak at a UT Alumni meeting several years ago and was fascinated by his presentation. He had slides and explanations of how they determined various deaths. He founded the Body Farm at UT. Patricia Cornwall has visited there and used it in one of her mystery novels.

Hugh Laurie is wonderful in House which won an Emmy for writing. His character is a brilliant curmudgeon who solves medical mysteries and has a weakness for Sela Ward's character (who wouldn't?) who is his ex-girlfriend who is now married and working in the legal department of the hospital.

I'm narrowing down my choices by checking out the new shows but will continue my favorites. I'm still sad that Judging Amy was cancelled and wish they hadn't done that. I miss it.

I didn't like J.D. the guy INXS chose to be their new member and front man for the band. That's OK since I'm not a fan but do like a couple of their songs. It was an odd series in some ways but interesting to see them perform some good songs. Is it just me, or are the INXS members a little creepy?

7:25:00 AM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com