Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Saturday, December 17, 2005  
Christmas Shopping and Other Pleasures

Yesterday Mother and I went shopping and finished what we needed to do. Now I need to wrap. We had lunch at the Front Porch and had salmon with dill butter, potato pancakes, and a salad. Then I had an appointment with Jim. So another full day of activity along with today which rounds out a busy week. I've enjoyed it and gotten a lot done. Wednesday I went to Clarksville with Rachel to get her car serviced and then shopping. We got lots done and then had dinner at the Olive Garden. I ate too much and was miserable. The portions there are large, and the Chicken Marsala was too good.

I went to Creekwood this morning to see some of the teachers. It's my first visit there since I retired, and it was fine since it was a half-day right before the winter two-week break. It felt very familiar there, but I don't miss it. I did really enjoy seeing some of the teachers and catching up with them. Tina and I went to lunch at the Hickerson Hotel afterwards and checked out the 50%-off sale. I got myself a little hanging sign that says, "Hard work has a future pay off, but laziness pays off now." It sums up my retirement attitude.

I went by Mother's and visited a little while and then went by where Jill works and talked with her quite a while. I know all this is really fascinating.

1:25:00 AM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com