Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Saturday, April 28, 2007  
Sex

Now that I have your attention. :-) I watched Bravo's Sexiest Moments in Film after it had been on a while, so I don't know if it had any of my favorites. They showed some that were definitely sexy and gave good reasons for them. Here are some from the show and lists I found online: Susan Sarandon and James Spader in White Palace, Glenn Close and Michael Douglas in Fatal Attraction, Anne Bancroft and Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate, Sharon Stone's leg crossing in Basic Instinct, Kathleen Turner and William Hurt in Body Heat, Angela Bassett and Taye Diggs in How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Susan Sarandon and Kevin Costner in Bull Durham, Diane Lane and Oliver Martinez in Unfaithful, Michelle Pfeiffer on the piano singing "Makin' Whoopee" in The Fabulous Baker Boys, Renee Russo and Pierce Brosnan in The Thomas Crown Affair, Jennifer Lopez and George Clooney in Out of Sight, Faye Dunaway and Steve McQueen's chess game in The Thomas Crown Affair, Ellen Barkin and Dennis Quaid in The Big Easy, Kim Basinger and Mickey Rourke in 9 1/2 Weeks, Ursula Andress emerging from the ocean in Dr. No, Marilyn Monroe's dress flying up in Seven Year Itch, Raquel Welch in One Million Years B.C., Brigitte Bardot in And God Created Woman, and Bo Derek's running on the beach in 10.

I agree with many of those on the list, especially the chess game, piano-top singing, Diane Lane on the train remembering, Susan Sarandon with almost anyone but the garter manipulation in Bull Durham was definitely hot, Body Heat which has that hilarious line when Kathleen Turner says, "You aren't too smart. I like that in a man." I like smart men but love that line in the context of that movie. That scene between Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni in Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow and when Clark Gable carried Vivien Leigh up the staicase in Gone with the Wind should be on lists.

Maybe it was the timing, but in the 60's two women friends and I went to see A Man and A Woman while our husbands were on patrol for three months on submarines. We were mesmerized in silence shoveling popcorn in our mouths while the bedroom scene took place with no background music, only sounds from the lovers. That scene stands out in my mind. On a romantic level, the scene in Out of Africa when Robert Redford shampoos Meryl Streep's hair tops my list of sensuous scenes. I've always thought the scenes are sexier when the actors aren't kids but are at least 35 or 40 and have some experience and knowledge. It's in the eyes.

My selections for sexiest female voice is Kathleen Turner and male is Richard Burton.

So what about you? Who and what are your favorites?

11:36:00 AM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com