Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Monday, April 07, 2008  
DWTS: Week Four

Kristi and Mark

Dance: Paso Doble
Score: 29

Strong, emotional, dramatic performance but not as intense as I've seen it done. Technically it was really good but emotionally cool which is not what this dance is about. Len was critical of the slight sameness in every dance she does but still gave her a 9. Bruno and Carrie Ann said she was excellent with difficult choreography and gave her 10's. She'll probably win it.

Priscilla and Louis

Dance: Viennese Waltz
Score: 22

Cranky Ann had to bring up the lift again, and Len agreed that lifts are forbidden. They'll deduct points from her because of it. Crabby Ann said that she loves how Priscilla creates drama with her facial expressions. What? Facial expressions? How?

Adam and Julianne

Dance: Paso Doble
Score: 19

It was hilarious! First, he came out on a unicycle and then hammed it up, cape, mask, and all. Zorro on a bike! Only Julianne could deal with him so well. He said he's trying to "not lose." This was so funny. He'll probably go home this week, but he is definitely entertaining.

Marlee and Fabian

Dance: Viennese Waltz
Score: 24

Lyrical, focused, and beautiful! And why did CA give Marlee a 7 when the dance made her cry in a good way? She was amazing despite her problems with balance she said were because of her deafness. I hope she stays in for a while because she does well and is inspiring. Bruno said she always interprets the music beautifully and he doesn't know how.

Mario and Karina

Dance: Paso Doble
Score: 24

Intense and hot! Karina has to be paired with someone who tries, is hot, and has no sense of humor. Otherwise, she'd probably kick him to death. She is quite the Russian diva. Mario Lopez seems too nice and sweet for her, but he is definitely a hottie. He said he wasn't looking for the right person but was trying to be the right person. Somehow I doubt that phrase has ever occurred to her but could be wrong. Yeah, right!

Jason and Edyta

Dance: Viennese Waltz
Score: 29

They are gorgeous to watch, but I didn't think he did as well as the judges said he did. Carrie Ann's and Bruno's hormones did their voting for Jason. I like looking at him but don't see inflating his score when it isn't earned. They said he had an understated elegance and made the waltz sexy and sensuous, but he tripped once and was awkward at times. They didn't seem to mind. Edyta's dress helped, too.

Cristián and Cheryl

Dance: Paso Doble
Score: 26

OMG! Cheyl's costume! Mel wore one just like it last season - the brief, black, leatherish one. They had Spanish music that helped make the dance more passionate, which it definitely was! Oh yes!

Shannon and Derek

Dance: Viennese Waltz
Score: 28

Jonathan filled in for Derek teaching her the dance because Derek hurt his neck and was told to take a week or two off. Derek choreographed the dance and was there during rehearsals. He danced with her tonight anyway, so I hope he was up to it. I still think she's stiff and has erratic footwork, but Len said he thought it was the best dance of the night. I don't get it. She's not as graceful as some of the others. At least I don't think so, but the judges do. Oh well.

Marissa and Tony

Dance: Paso Doble
Score: 24

Good judging! Who knows how they'll be? She did a great job and was intense and so good. She performed a difficult choreography really well. I love her enthusiasm and dedication.

OK, the judges make no sense. They are inconsistent with their praise and criticism and scores part of the time. I can't get a handle on how they are going to be from week to week. Also I don't like it when the music doesn't go with the dance. Those Latin dances need Spanish music. And "Do Right Man" doesn't do it for me with a waltz.

Who will go? Probably Adam this time.

9:49:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com