Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Wednesday, June 04, 2008  
Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Well, Obama made it and is the nominee. It's historic and about time this happened. It should have been his celebratory huge day and was except for one cloud raining on his parade. This day was about Obama, not any other contestants.

I was really irritated by Hillary's rude and ungracious speech last night. She needs to get over herself. He won. She didn't. Concede already! If she's trying to get a VP nomination, this is the wrong way to go about it. If she won't do what she should about this, why would anyone want her as a VP? Besides, I don't think Bill could stay out of things, and Billary would be VP for sure then. All the time she was speaking, all I could think of was the Black Knight on Monty Python and the Holy Grail and "I'm Not Leaving" from Dreamgirls. She doesn't have the excuse of being young, unmarried, and pregnant by her first love the way Effie was in the movie begging for him to stay and love her.

It's incredible that Hillary won't do what she should right now and is embarrassing, too. Good grief! It also pisses me off that on his big day, she horns in on his glory and excitement. No class Hillary won't even let him have the attention and excitement he deserves without making it all about her. What's wrong with her? She looks pathetic, desperate, and delusional. If he even considers her for VP, he's nuts. Besides, if you want to be VP, don't upstage the presidential candidate.

I've worked with people like this and know how miserable it can be. They're like kudzu. One of them couldn't be glad for good things that happened to other people but always bitched that it wasn't her. I used to ask her why she couldn't be happy for anyone else. Another one always thought she was better than anyone else at everything and surely everyone would be better off if she took over.

Monty Python And The Holy Grail "And I'm telling you, I'm not leaving! ... You're gonna love me."

2:29:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com