Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Monday, July 14, 2008  
Mae

Mother was the youngest of seven children with Aunt Sarah, Ellen's mother, the oldest by eighteen years. Mae was two years older than Mother, who just had her 88th birthday Saturday. Mae died this morning at 90 years old. They were extremely close, and our families did so many things together. Sally and I always felt that if anything happened to our parents that we had that special aunt and uncle who would take care of us. Mother and Mae grew up on a farm with the most wonderful parents/grandparents ever! Their older brothers and sisters were always there for them.

Mae and John were with us every Christmas all of my life, and when they had Sally, they all spent Christmas in Charlotte. That's how close we've always been. Sally is more like a sister than a cousin. Sally and Brian have always been close, too, and she's his godmother.

Mae's sense of humor brightened up any trip to their cabin on the river where we'd go several times a year. We called it "camp" and Daddy and John caught fish and we all swam and relaxed. I have so many wonderful memories of going there and of all the time I spent with Mae.

She was one of the top supervisors at the IRS regional office in Nashville and retired from there. Because of her, I worked there part-time one summer while I was in college, which helped so much with money for the next year. I could see first-hand how respected she was and what a good job she did. She was amazing in so many ways.

I can't describe how much Mae has always meant to me, and she meant even more to Mother. They loved each other unconditionally and could talk to each other about anything and everything. She will miss her so much. The world is less to me today without Mae in it. I miss her and love her and am so thankful she is my aunt.


Arrangements for Wilma Wright

Visitation from 2:00 until 7:00 Tuesday
Funeral at 2:00 Wednesday
Phillips Robinson Funeral Home
2707 Gallatin Pike
Nashville, TN

7:23:00 AM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com