Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Wednesday, April 30, 2008  
DWTS Gossip

This part is true about the 100th episode: "Next week, DWTS marks its 100th episode with the help of musical guest Rascal Flatts and returning stars. Fans of season four will be happy to see Apolo Anton Ohno and Julianne Hough hit the stage for a special performance, while season five devotees (and Maks fans currently suffering withdrawal) will get to see Mel B and Maksim Chmerkovskiy dance as well. Also making appearances will be past contestants Sabrina Bryan, Joey Fatone, Master P., Jerry Rice, Jane Seymour, Jerry Springer and Wayne Newton among others." I thought we'd seen the last of Master P. And I'm a Maks fan who has withdrawal and can't wait to lay eyes on him again! Maks and Jason on the same show! Here he is dancing with Mel B and looking hot.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Mel B Last night I forced myself to watch Jimmy Kimmel to see if Shannon Elizabeth and Derek Hough admitted to a showmance. She definitely acted that way, and he tried to say they were friends but was kind of giggly about it. I told you she said that about how he'll be sorry for being so hard on her in rehearsal when he goes home alone. So I think they are probably having a fling.

The photo of Mario Lopez is for you, David.

Tracy Phillips writes in "Dancing Couple Calling it Quits?":

There’s more "Dancing" drama in the air! Reports surfaced Tuesday that Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff had ended their relationship, but the couple denies the split.

Karina tells 'DWTS' co-host Samantha Harris: "Mario and I are fine. Everything's good." Lopez reinforced her statement with an email stating, "It's all good."

The couple moved in together last year, after they came in second place on the third season of "Dancing with the Stars."
Mario Lopez
This season, Karina is currently paired with another Mario, the 21-year-old R&B singer. Despite having some fierce moves, Mario has had some trouble with the judges and the duo was surprisingly among the Bottom 2 last week.

Meanwhile, Mario Lopez recently made his Broadway debut in a revival of "A Chorus Line" and is set to return to the "DWTS" dance floor for next week’s special 100th episode to perform a number from the musical. Former champ Apolo Anton Ono and his partner Julianne Hough will also be performing.
Why do I care? Because I am a time loiterer and can! Thank goodness, I have no problems of my own to worry about now and can be gossipy about people I don't even know.

12:57:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com