Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Tuesday, July 15, 2008  
Visitation

Mother and I went to the funeral home for visitation this afternoon and evening. My cousins who are my age came early, and it was so good to see them. I was born in October, Donna in November, and Ellen in January and were thought of as a set by the other cousins. Some of those were there when we arrived - Sarah Ann and Celia, who are close to us, too.

Kathy came and spent the whole time there. It meant so much to me for her to be there. You know how that is, Beth. I cannot believe what a wonderful relationship we have and am thankful for it every day. Kathy and Brian talked a mile a minute to each other when he got there. She said she loved talking with him and could do it for hours. I'm thrilled about that, too. Brian knew about her since he was 14, and I had one of the sex talks with him. I was pointing out how once someone is pregnant, there are no good choices, and to prevent that from happening. Then I told him that he had a sister and how painful it was to give her up. It worked. He was always curious about her and hoped he would get to know her. Fortunately, she found me, and we are so close. She and Brian are, too. Wonderful, isn't it, Beth? :-)

Butch and Janelle, Andy, Angela, Carter, and Reese came and got to see Kathy, Brian, Melissa, and Brendan. Sally is holding up well and will get through this because that's what you have to do. Tomorrow will be much harder than today because it's the funeral. Losing Mae is almost as hard as it will be when it's Mother. I hope that is a long way off.

Thank you, Linda, for coming! It was good to see you, and I appreciate the plant.

Brendan asked me if he could wake Mae up. I wish he could.

10:55:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com