Open links in secondary window




Ramblings from a Southern liberal, Boomer, single parent, grandmother, reunited birthmother, cancer survivor, pop-culture observer, retired teacher

Most dramatic lymphoma posts are from June 2002 - February 2003 archives.

Email Joy Durham at joydurham@comcast.net

Welcome! Please sign my guest map or guest book. And Comment!!


[my collaborative other blog] MUTUAL ADMIRATION BLOG


[Adoption Blogs & Books]
Adoption Search Blog
First Parents
The Same Smile
The Daily Bastardette
The adoption.com Guide to Search and Reunion
My Reunion with Kathy

My Family and Friends



Sign In - Plant a Flag!

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com



View My Guestbook
Sign My Guestbook



obama!





CURRENT MOON
moon info


My Amazon Wish List
[For anyone who wants to buy me a gift or discuss what we like.]


scaryduck.com

[ Reading & Entertainment ]


Blogroll Me!


Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)












 
<< current












 
The Waking

I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
I learn by going where I cannot go.

We think by feeling. What is there to know?
I hear my being dance from ear to ear.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Of those so close beside me, which are you?
God bless the Ground! I shall walk softly there,
And learn by going where I have to go.

Light takes the Tree, but who can tell us how?
The lowly worm climbs up a winding stair;
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.

Great Nature has another thing to do
To you and me; so take the lively air,
And, lovely, learn by going where to go.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
What falls away is always. And is near.
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.



--Theodore Roethke






Visitors:




Joy's Updates - Straight from the Horse's Mouth.
 
Monday, May 19, 2008  
DWTS - Week Ten - The Finals!

Who will it be? Which celebrity will take home the tacky mirror ball trophy? We'll know tomorrow night and watch them compete for it tonight! I like them all, so it's going to be hard to decide who to vote for.

All three couples danced the cha cha one after the other. What happened to Kristi!!! She came out and kissed Bruno and then danced a killer cha cha!! She and Cristian were the best. Jason has had some problems with the cha cha in the past and wasn't quite up to the level of the others this time. The judges said they felt sorry for him that he had to do this dance since it wasn't his best. What a fun, energetic beginning for the competition!

Next they do their free-style where lifts and everything are legal. I'm reminded of that goofy ragdoll dance Marie Osmond did last time and the strange modern dance Maks and Mel performed. Let's hope the choreography showcases the best the stars can do. Ah, the pressure!


Cristián and Cheryl

Dance: Cha Cha Score: 26
Dance: Free-style Score: 26 Total Score: 52

Oh, very good! They looked great and danced well. Len said Cristian had great hips and rhythm. Bruno praised Cristian for his performance. Carrie Ann said he was fantastic. Cristian's surgery is Friday for his arm, and he's really putting his energy into rehearsing for this dance. Their free-style was Latin with shaking and spinning! I like Cheryl so much and know she worked hard to choreograph a dance that took his arm into consideration while not making it look that way. The judges said the lifts were spectacular for one arm but gave him two 9's and an 8.


Jason and Edyta

Dance: Cha Cha Score: 24
Dance: Free-style Score: 27 Total Score: 51

Len said if Jason had been able to do ballroom, he'd have shone because Latin isn't his best. Bruno said Jason wasn't as great as the others. Hmm, a score of 24. This isn't Jason's best dance, but he always looks good. His family came to rehearsal. People usually marry someone in their same range of attractiveness, and Jason and his wife did that for sure. She's very pretty and gave him a pep talk. Jason and Edyta had many lifts in their free-style because he does that well. Jason has definitely improved. This was hip-hop, too, but slower than Kristi & Mark's. The crowd went crazy for them! The judges all said the lifts were ambitious and well-done. They got all 9's.


Kristi and Mark

Dance: Cha Cha Score: 30
Dance: Free style Score: 30 Total Score: 60

Bruno said she was in a class all her own. Len and Carrie Ann said that she won this round, which was obvious by their score of 30. Perhaps a woman will win this season, which hasn't happened since Kelly Monaco on Season 1. For the free-style Julianne came to their rehearsal to help Kristi with a few moves since she and Mark used to be professional partners. Their free-style was upbeat, energetic, and acrobatic. They are well-matched by height and cuteness. This was great! The judges thought so, too, since they all praised them to the hilt. They said the choreography was difficult and that she nailed it. The crowd was wild with applause and cheers. It really was fun to watch. Even Len loved it and doesn't like hip-hop. Two perfect scores! Wow!

Kristi did dance better tonight than the other two and had a difficult choreography. Jason and Cristian have improved and kept getting better. I wasn't blown away with their dances tonight. My favorite free-style ever was Drew & Cheryl's western dance that time. Loved it!

The results show for the finals lasts two hours tomorrow night, so I wonder what they'll include in the show to stretch it out that long. I don't think we know which of the little kids won their competition. They were so good. OK, then. Recap for the finals tomorrow night!

3:44:00 PM



 
This
page
is powered by Blogger.
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com